I am first and foremost, the husband of Tori, and the Father of Caleb, Kylee, Joshua, Jayla, and Jordan. My role as a parent is second only to following Christ on my priority list. I believe that if we cannot manage and care for our families, and be good role models for our children, then we have no right to think that we can lead in any other form of ministry.
Family defines us! And not just the family that we grew up in. I believe that we learn as much from our spouses and children as they learn from us, and that together we become very different persons than we ever could have been individually. I like (for the most part:-) who my family has helped me to become. Are there areas that need growth? Absolutely, and I am working on them, but being a dad is the greatest adventure on earth (next to following Christ of course).
In light of my God given responsibility as a parent, I will endeavor to do the following:
- Attend as many of my kids events and activities as I am able.
- Defend my wife and kids from influences that are destructive to God’s purpose for them.
- Provide for my family, using all of the talents and resources God has given me, while keeping in perspective the fact that it is God who gives us all that we need according to his riches in glory.
- Be the best example of integrity that I can be, and admit failure humbly when I fail, asking for forgiveness from those involved.
- Honor and cherish my family as gifts from God that are more precious than any earthly possession.
- Give my children the benefit of the doubt, while also holding them accountable to be people of integrity.
- Coach my kids teams even though I don’t know what I am doing, just to spend time with them.
- Volunteer for activities whether I want to do them or not, understanding that someone volunteered so that I could do the same things when I was a kid.
I reserve the right to add to this list as God leads:)